Sunday 12 December 2010

Killer Corrie Quotes - The Greatest Hits

Such has been the popularity of my Corrie blog posts this past week (smashing a number of my blog records along the way), I thought I'd conclude what has been a dramatic and historic week on the Cobbles by putting my 10 Killer Corrie Quotes into one blog post in descending order, based on their popularity in terms of page profile views on this blog.

So here goes pop pickers...

In at Number 10...
"Mike Baldwin might be a smooth lecherous Cockney. But there's aren't many of the boss class left like him. Dedicated to grinding the faces of the working classes and laughing all the way to the bank. Now that's what I call job satisfaction" - Alec Gilroy

At Number 9...
"Natalie Barnes is that hard faced, if she fell on the pavement she'd crack a flag" - Vera Duckworth

At Number 8...
"I was really something when I was young. A different lad every night of the week, they queued up just to walk me 'ome from work. An' then the dance 'alls...'Ow I come to throw meself away on a nothin' like Arnold Tanner I'll never know. I could 'ave done anythin'. Got anywhere. I don't just mean fellers. I mean life generally. I was a fighter...I walked down this street last night in the pourin' rain an' cried...for a girl 'oo once 'ad guts, and hope...only she's dead now. I'm not sure just when it was she died" - Elsie Howard (nee Tanner)

At Number 7...
"You could meet Alf Roberts riding on a horse in the middle of the Sahara Desert and still know he's a grocer" - Audrey Potter (later Roberts)

At Number 6...
"It wasn't just the cobbles that got us here all together today. It was a feeling of tradition, of community and I'm proud of where I come from. I've lived here all my life. I've seen a lot of people come and go, a lot of changes, a lot dramas down this street. Like lots of other streets where people are living and trying to get together but it's just that I find that there's something a little bit special about this one and I know that you all feel the same. So I want you to raise your glasses with me and drink a toast, to Coronation Street" - Ken Barlow

At Number 5...
"Annie Walker'd attend her own funeral if God let 'er" - Albert Tatlock

At Number 4...
"I've always wanted to be stormy, passionate and tempestuous. But you can't be. Not when you're born with a tidy mind" - Emily Bishop

At Number 3...
"If my wife put her mind to it, she could find reasons why Mary and Joseph were unfit parents" - Don Brennan speaking about wife Ivy Brennan

Just missing out on top spot at Number 2 is...
"You know what your trouble is, Stan? You're lax - lax from the neck up and relax from the neck down" - Hilda Ogden to husband Stan Ogden

But top of the Killer Corrie Quotes at Number 1 is the original Corrie Battle-axe...
"There's some very peculiar people in this Street" - Ena Sharples

Thank you Coronation Street for an incredible week, but more importantly, for the past 50 years. Here's to the next 50.

3 comments:

  1. Very good blog, I leave mine

    http://basta-fuerte-radio.blogspot.com/

    We read, greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. you are a big corrie fan mark!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Basta.

    Simon - I am indeed! :-)

    ReplyDelete