Thursday 19 May 2011

The BBC - Bringing Us Sunshine since 1922

I've always been a keen fan of the BBC as I mentioned previously in this blog here.

Like with any institution, it has had its fair share of ups and downs over the years but its most recent trailer, to me, manages to epitomise in 60 seconds, all that is great about the BBC.

It manages to combine the rich heritage of the BBC with the modern programming of today.

Beginning with the legendary '4291' clip from One Foot in the Grave, we then move forward into the Morecambe & Wise signature tune 'Bring Me Sunshine' with the imaginary twist of seeing our modern day BBC heroes mouthing those famous words sang by the immortal Eric and Ernie some 40 years earlier.



It's a great BBC trailer and most importantly, it made me smile and reminded me why I love the BBC so much.

It brought me sunshine so, job done!

1 comment:

  1. This is what the BBC do best, compliations. How can forget "Small People" and "Perfect Day"

    ReplyDelete