Friday 23 December 2011

Cole's Musical Christmas Advent Calendar - Day 23

It's December which means for those who have them, it's time to get out those chocolate advent calendars!

But for those of you who, like me, don't do such things anymore (and indeed for those of you who still do!), I thought I'd give my own unique little twist on this festive time of year with my Musical Advent Calendar countdown of my Top 25 favourite Christmas songs!

I'm blogging a song a day, culminating with my favourite on Christmas Eve. So let's continue on our seasonal countdown...

Cole's Musical Christmas Advent Calendar - Day 23!

Today we have my No.2 all-time favourite Xmas song.

It is simply one of the most joyful melodies I have ever heard. Anyone who doesn't smile on hearing Mariah Carey's 'All I Want for Christmas' must have a heart of stone. It also has the most playful of videos which helps to further sell the song.



It also made a stunning appearance in the film Love Actually. I'm a soppy goat at the best of times but when young Olivia Olson gave us this rendition near the end of the film, it absolutely blew me away.

It shows how infectiously joyful the song is and that's why it's made No.2 on my Xmas list.



It would've easily have been my No.1, but there's one song that's trumped it...

No comments:

Post a Comment