Tuesday 19 June 2012

Only You: RIP Brian Hibbard

It was with great sadness that I heard yesterday of the death of Ebbw Vale born Brian Hibbard.

As this BBC website article testifies, he was a well known face on our TV screens having appeared in Emmerdale, EastEnders, Coronation Street, Pobol Y Cwm, Doctors and Casualty to name but a few over the past 20 years.

But please forgive me if I recall what was for me, the abiding memory of Brian Hibbard. His performance as a part of 'The Flying Pickets' Christmas No.1 hit of 1983 has always been one of my favourite musical moments from throughout the years.

I loved the a cappella sound and I loved the down-to-earth video. I loved the sheer simplicity of the sound that for me, made it that little bit special.

So, to Brian Hibbard, thank you for giving me that abiding memory and thank you for that priceless ability of making people smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment